Verified on 605 30GB - should work on other 5 series and 604 WiFi
1) Make a backup of all your data & files!!!
2) Make sure it's backed up!!!
3) Download the image at: http://download.openpma.org/test/openpma-ng-0.1.0-test080110.zip
4) Make sure your archos is in hard drive mode, and plug it into your computer
5) Unzip the image, and put the two files in the root directory of your archos. The root directory is what you get when you double-click the icon for your archos - the top level of the file structure.
6) Connect to a wireless network.
7) Click the wireless icon, scroll down, and select "Wireless File Server..."
8) Set Write Access to "On"
9) In Password, type the following (WITH QUOTES):
"1;/mnt/data/openpma-ng.sh;/bin/chown -R nobody:nobody /home/nobody"
11) After a little while, a window will pop up. Press "Shutdown File Server"
12) Go back to the main screen of your archos
13) Go to file manager (the top-right icon)
14) Change into "info"-folder
15) Scroll to the bottom and open the PDF file openpma-NG. Qtopia should open after a short load
If this doesn't work:
A) Make sure you have the 1.7.06 or 1.7.13 firmware
B) Reformat your archos
Retrieved from "http://www.openpma.org/gen4/How-TO:_Install_Qtopia"
Buy from Amazon - Ipod Touch 16GB (Black)
Buy from Amazon - Archos 605 Wi-Fi 160 GB
Buy from Amazon - Creative Zen 16 GB (Black)
Buy from Amazon - Zune 80GB (Black)