This guide will describe the basic steps about putting your DVD on iPod. Additionally, it provides detailed information on how to transfer files to your iPod, should be very easy to understand.
Things You'll Need
Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper
Download 'Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper'. You can copy this link onto the IE address list to download the software directly. "http://support.wondershare.com/stat/?action=down&id=5&sid=2", or google search for it. Then install and run it. The latest version is 2.0.2.
Add/Rip DVD files
1) Rip your DVD files from DVD-ROM drive by clicking “Open DVD”.
Many friends ask me how to copy movies form DVDs to pc. This process calls ‘Rip’. Additional, rip DVDs is illegal. This software helps you rip DVDs automatically. You needn’t know how to break the css protect. You will not be confused by the complicated operation of ‘DVD Decrypter’ or ‘DVD Shrink’. I really love this function.
2) Or Load .ifo files from your hard disk by clicking “Add ifo”.
3) Or right click on the blank area in the center of the main interface to import video files from your hard disk or DVD-ROM drive.
Select subtitle, audio and output format
1) Regular DVD movie usually has several subtitles, like English, French, German, etc. You can select anyone according to your need.
2) Select Audio it the same as select Subtitle.
3) Format: this software can convert DVD to MP4 format which are fit for iPod player, it also can extract audio track from DVD and save as MP3 or M4A format which are fit for any other MP3 player.
After all the things done, click the ‘start’ button to start the conversion. Then a window will be popped up. Here you can preview your DVD when converting the DVD. There also has an important option name “Directly transport video files to iPod after conversion”. If you check it, then when finish conversion and your iPod has connected to PC well, the MP4 files will be transported to iPod directly; you needn’t drag them to iTunes then sync your iPod. It’s really useful for the people who know little about iTunes’ complicate operation.
Connect your iPod to PC, launch iTunes.If you don’t have iTunes. You can download free from here:http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/ We recommend that you create a new list to place the file you converted.
Find the mp4 file you have converted, directly drag into the playlist you created just now.If you have added the file to the library of the iTunes, you can drag it from library to the new playlist directly.
Update your iPod. Click ‘File’->’update your iPod’.After updating, you can see the file list on your ipod. You can change the file name showing on iPod. Please right click the file, choose "Get info", and change the info of this file at "Info". You are done and enjoy!
Buy from Amazon - Apple Ipod 80GB 6th Generation